Information and Frequently Asked Questions
CSA ROYALTY FREE IMAGESReturn to Top
- Q: What are CSA Royalty Free images?
- A: Royalty-free Images may be used by you multiple times for multiple projects without incurring additional fees. Royalty-free pricing is based on the file size of the product and the number of people entitled to use it (maximum 10 people who are employees of the company on the date the image is purchased), not the specific use. However, as with all CSA Images licenses, the rights granted are non-transferable and are personal to you. This means that if you license a royalty-free image to be used for a project by your client or any other person, they may not use the licensed image separately from that specific project. Royalty-free licenses are always non-exclusive. All licenses of royalty-free products are subject to CSA Images' End User License Agreement.
- Q: What are CSA Fonts and Font Families?
- A: CSA Fonts and Font Families are a collection of single fonts and font families created as Postscript Type 1 files that range in size from 50k to about 1 megabyte. After you purchase the license for a font, the high resolution image is immediately posted to an FTP server from which you may download the image to your computer.
IMAGE PRICINGReturn to Top
- Q: How much do the CSA royalty free images cost?
- A: CSA Royalty Free Images are priced according to the selected file size and whether the image is Color or Black and White. Prices can be seen on the extended view page of each image.
- Q: Do I own an image once I purchase it?
- A: No. When you spend money at CSA Images, you are not buying the image outright but rather purchasing a license that grants you specific rights to use the image. Ownership and copyright of all images always resides with CSA Images. For purchasing rights beyond the royalty free terms, please call CSA Images at 1-888-339-1263 to purchase extended rights.
FILE FORMATSReturn to Top
- Q: What is the file format for Color CSA Images?
- A: High Resolution Color Files are 300 dpi Tiffs and are available in 3 sizes. Low Resolution Color Files are 72 dpi Tiffs and are available in 3 sizes. The extended view page of each image shows the file sizes available.
- Q: What is the file format for Black & White CSA Images?
- A: High Resolution B&W Files are 72 dpi Tiffs and are available in 3 sizes. Low Resolution B&W Files are 72 dpi Tiffs and are available in 3 sizes. The extended view page of each image shows the file sizes available.
- Q: What is the file format for CSA Fonts?
- A: CSA Fonts are single fonts and font families created as Postscript Type 1 files that range in size from 50k to about 1 megabyte. All fonts may be purchased in either a Mac format or a PC format. NOTE for PC FONTS: If you have a Windows 95 or Windows 98 operating system you will need to use Adobe Type Manager to install and use CSA PC Fonts.
SEARCH METHODS (Searching For Images)Return to Top
- Q: How do I search by keyword?
- A: There are two ways to search by keyword:
- On the top right-hand side of every page is a keyword search box. Enter the most apt or common word that describes the image(s) you would like displayed. The default will be to search among all of the CSA Images collections. If you would like to search by style or within a particular collection (such as Plastock or Snapstock), select from the drop down menu that appears below the keyword search box. By doing so, your keyword search will only find images within the collection you specify. If your search returns no results, please try using a different related word or searching All Collections if you were searching within a certain style or category.
- When you are viewing an image on the extended view page, you will notice a list of corresponding red keywords that appear to the lower right of the image you are viewing. Click on one of the keywords and a new search will be run within the collection(s) you are currently viewing based on the chosen keyword. If you would like to broaden or narrow the collections in which the search occurs, select from the "Collection" pull down menu that is located to the left of the keyword search box. By doing so, your keyword search will only find images within the collection you specify.
- Q: How can I see images without searching by keyword?
- A: You can see images based on style, collection, subject, and color by using one of the Visual Brainstorming tools located on the bottom of the homepage.
LIGHT BOXReturn to Top
- Q: What is a light box?
- A: The light box is a private page where you can save images, elements, and fonts. To create or view a light box, you must be a registered user and be signed in. You may save one or several light boxes so that images may be viewed at a later time by either you, your co-workers, and/or clients. Light boxes are saved by the project name you give them and are linked to your registered user name and password.
- Q: How do I use the light box?
- A: To bring an image to your light box, click on the "Add To Light Box" icon (located beneath the image when you are viewing the results of a search, and to the left of the image when you are looking at the detailed view of an image.) Your first light box will be started automatically. A browser pop-up alert will confirm the image has been added to the light box. To view or edit your light box(s), click on the "Light Box" icon found at the top of any page. All of the light boxes that you have started under your username and password will be listed. To view the contents of the light box, click the "View" button to the left of the light box you want to see. To e-mail a light box to a person or group, click the "E-mail" button to the left of the light box you want to e-mail. You will have the option of e-mailing a static or dynamic light box. The dynamic light box will allow the recipient(s) to automatically see any future changes you make to the light box. Easy-to-follow directions for e-mailing are found on the page you will be taken to when you click the "E-mail" button. To edit one or several light boxes, click the "Advanced" button to the left of the light box you want to begin editing. In the advanced light box mode, you will be able to create new light boxs, exchange images from one light box to another, delete images, name or rename light boxes, and more. Just select from among the easy-to-follow buttons.
- Q: Can I add more than one image at a time to a light box?
- A: No. You will need to add images one at a time.
DOWNLOADING IMAGESReturn to Top
- Q: How do I download a comp image?
- A: Go to the extended/largest view of the image. Then drag and drop the image to your desktop. You will receive a 400px x 400px 72dpi JPEG.
- Q: What is the download center?
- A: High resolution CSA royalty free single images and CSA Fonts that you license are placed in the "Download Center."
- Q: How do I download images immediately after checkout?
- A: If you have just completed your purchase, there is a link at the bottom of the confirmation page that will take you to the download center where you will see your most recent purchase (as well as every purchase you have made in the last three months.) Click on the link for your purchase and you will then be taken to a new page where your purchase may be downloaded by clicking the "Download" button.
- Q: How do I download images on a return visit?
- A: If you leave the CSA Images website after your purchase and return later to download your purchase, you will have to register with the same user name and password with which you bought the image(s). If you used the "Fast Checkout" when purchasing your image(s), you will need to register under the temporary user name and password that was given to you on the "Confirmation Page" during the checkout process. From the top menu bar, click on the "Download Center" header. You will be taken to the Download Center where you will see your most recent purchase (as well as every purchase you have made in the last three months.) Click on the link for your purchase and you will then be taken to a new page where your purchase may be downloaded by clicking the "Download" button.
- Q: What if I purchase a royalty free image or font but cannot find it in the download center?
- A: Please go back to the home page. Click on the "Download Center" button. Log in using your user name and password. Note: If you placed your order using the "Fast Checkout" option, you will need to use the user name and password displayed on your invoice page.
- Q: If the image I'm downloading is opening up in my browser window, how can I get it to open on my desktop instead?
- A: Images will open in your browser window instead of your desktop if your browser preferences are set to open TIFF files in "QuickTime." If you have a MAC operating system, hold down the option key and click on the download button. The image will download onto your desktop. If you have a PC operating system, "right click" on the download button and the image will download onto your desktop. Note: For future downloading, you may want to change your browser's preferences so that all TIFF files are opened by Adobe Photoshop. Once this is done, your file will download onto your desktop.
- Q: What if I get an error message when I try to download my image or font?
- A: Please go back to the home page. Click on the "Download Center" button. Log in as a returning customer using your user name and password. If you placed your order using the "Fast Checkout" option, you will need to use the user name and password displayed on your invoice page. If your question on downloading has not been answered, please call CSA Images at 1-888-339-1263.
THE SHOPPING CART / SECURITYReturn to Top
- Q: What is the shopping cart?
- A: The shopping cart is the place where you begin to purchase the use of CSA royalty free images, books, and products. Items in your shopping cart may be discarded or purchased at any time. To discard, click the "Remove" bar next to the item. If you would like to purchase the item(s) in your shopping cart, press the "Check Out" button at the bottom right side of the page and proceed from there. You may leave and return to your shopping cart as you continue shopping.
- Q: How do I get a shopping cart?
- A: You will automatically be given a shopping cart when you click the shopping cart icon.
- Q: How do I add an item to my shopping cart?
- A: To add a royalty free image to your shopping cart just click on the size of image you need and it will automatically be added to the cart. When adding a font, or book to your shopping cart, simply click on the shopping cart icon or "add to cart" button that accompanies the item you wish to purchase.
- Q: What if I attempt to add an item to my shopping cart, but that item does not appear in my shopping cart?
- A: The preferences in your browser must be set to accept cookies. If your browser is set to accept cookies and the problem persists, please call CSA Images at 1-888-339-1263.
- Q: How do I remove an item from my shopping cart?
- A: Click the "Remove" bar next to the item.
- Q: Is there online security to protect my credit card and other billing information?
- A: Yes. When you begin the checkout process, you will notice that the security icon on your browser will go from being an "unlocked" icon to a "locked" icon. This means that information you enter such as your credit card type, credit card number, billing address, and phone numbers will be encrypted and secured by a state-of-the-art system from VeriSign.
CheckoutReturn to Top
- Q: How do I check out?
- A: You begin the checkout process from your shopping cart. When you have finished shopping, check your shopping cart to make sure it has everything you wish to purchase and then hit the "Check Out" button at the bottom right side of the page and proceed from there.<
- The customer log-in page will appear, presenting you with three options: "First Time Customers," "Returning Customer," or "Fast Checkout."
- First Time Customer: All purchases and light boxes are saved under a user name. We recommend that you register with a user name and a password so that now and in the future you can easily access all of your purchases and light boxes.
- Returning Customer: Please enter your user name and password.
- Fast Checkout: Using this option, you will be assigned a temporary user name and password for this particular order only. The assigned user name and password will be shown on your confirmation page. Please write it down if you would like future access to your order.
- After you have logged in or have selected "Fast Check Out," the SECURE checkout process will begin. If you are purchasing CSA books or other hard goods, you will be taken to the shipping information page, where you will provide the details of how you would like your items shipped. Please fill in all information accurately and completely. Post office boxes may not be used. When you are finished, click the "Continue Checkout" button. (If your order does not include CSA books or other hard goods, the first checkout page you will go to is described in step #3 below.)
- The next step in the SECURE checkout process is to enter your credit card information. Once entered, click the "Continue Checkout" button.
- In the final step of the SECURE checkout process, you will be prompted to verify that all information is correct. If you need to change or correct something, click the "Back" button on your browser. If the information is correct, click the "Confirm Sale" button. Click "Confirm Sale" only one time please! If you press "Confirm Sale" more than once, your order may be duplicated. The confirmation of your credit card should only take a few moments. Under rare circumstances, however, this process can take up to five minutes. Please be patient!
- Once your sale is confirmed, you will be taken to a page that states, "Please Print This Page As Your Invoice." Please print this page for your records. If you are using the "Fast Check Out," your temporary user name and password will be listed on this page. You will need this information to download any images, fonts or design elements you have purchased and to access this order again in the future.
- Please follow the prompts to the download center for any images, or fonts you have purchased. If you have trouble downloading your files, please see X) DOWNLOADING IMAGES.
- The customer log-in page will appear, presenting you with three options: "First Time Customers," "Returning Customer," or "Fast Checkout."
IMAGE DELIVERY / SHIPPING INFORMATIONReturn to Top
- Q: How are CSA royalty free images delivered?
- A: CSA royalty free images are downloaded directly from this website. Once the checkout process is complete, you will be directed to the page where you may download the image(s). The image(s) you purchased will also be available for you to download at a later time if you prefer. Click on "Your Account" found at the top of any page and select the "Download Center."
- Q: How are CSA Fonts delivered?
- A: All CSA Fonts are downloaded directly from this website. Once the checkout process is complete, you will be directed to the page where you may download the font(s). The font(s) you purchased will also be available for you to download at a later time if you prefer. Click on "Your Account" found at the top of any page and select the "Download Center."
- Q: How are books and other hard goods delivered?
- A: All books and other hard goods purchased online are sent by UPS. You select the speed/method of delivery during the checkout process when you are at the "Please Select a Shipping Method" section. Please Note: The estimated delivery date is based on placing your order PRIOR to 3:00pm Eastern Standard Time, Monday-Friday, holidays excluded. For orders placed AFTER 3:00pm Eastern Standard Time and/or on a weekend or holiday, the order will be processed on the following business day based on the method you have selected. (For example, if you place a Next Business Day order on Wednesday at 5:00pm EST, your order will be processed on the following business day (which is Thursday) and will be shipped Next Business Day to arrive on Friday.)
RETURNS / EXCHANGE / OFFSETReturn to Top
- Q: What is the return and exchange policy for CSA royalty free single images?
- A: Check your use carefully before purchase. Once purchased, CSA royalty free single images may not be returned for a refund or exchanged for an alternate product.
- Q: What is the return and exchange policy for CSA books?
- A: CSA books may be returned for a refund within 30 days of the date of purchase.
- Q: What if I decide not to use an image or font?
- A: There is no offset or refund of the purchase price for a CSA rights managed image, CSA royalty free image, or CSA Font not used to its full extent. Check your use carefully before purchase.
GENERAL USE QUESTIONSReturn to Top
- Q: What is the license for CSA Fonts?
- A: CSA Fonts are licensed for use on one (1) output device, one (1) user's computer or one (1) network supporting two (2) or fewer users. If you would like a site license for fonts, please call CSA Images at 1-888-339-1263.
- Q: May I alter any of the images from CSA?
- A: Images may be cropped or resized and elements of the image may be diminished or removed. Images may not be used as a basis to create a different image or derivative image; and logos and trademarks may not be applied to any image. You may not claim copyright or trademark in any altered image. The image copyright shall always remain with CSA Images.
- Q: Are CSA Images model released?
- A: No, the images that depict recognizable people are not model released. These photos make up only a fraction of the collection; and you, your employer, and/or your client, if applicable, license these images at your/their own risk.
- Q: What if I used the images without permission or in an unauthorized manner?
- A: See XIII) END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT for complete user restrictions or call CSA Images at 1-888-339-1263.
All images on this website are copyright 2005 CSA Images. The names CSA, CSA Archive, CSA Plastock, CSA Snapstock, CSA Printstock, CSA Images, and Pop Ink are registered trademarks of CSA Images, Inc.